Population growth and mobility in Texas have created a tremendous demand for home inspection in the Dallas area. New construction and sales of existing properties have steadily increased in the downtown DFW areas and major suburbs. But some of the most rapid increases have been in the North Dallas communities of Park Cities and Frisco, TX. And we’re also seeing a lot of residential real estate transactions in Carrollton, Garland and Plano, Texas.
The highly competitive environment for residential real estate sales in North Texas makes it important that homebuyers schedule and complete Dallas home inspections promptly. For an offer on a house to be appealing to the seller, the buyer should have financing pre-approved and propose short option and closing dates to minimize uncertainties. This means the homebuyer should schedule the inspection immediately upon making an offer, to identify any deficiencies in the house before the option period expires.
Buying or selling a home in North Dallas? Call AIS today to talk with a professional Dallas home inspector:
Mike Martin (972) 342-9183 — Ed Martin (972) 730-6700
Advanced Inspection Service has invested in technology and efficient processes that enable us to promptly schedule and conduct your home inspection – Dallas-area houses can generally be inspected in 4 hours or less. Once the onsite work is complete, we can deliver the Inspection Report to you in less than 24 hours. This responsiveness and attention to detail is what makes AIS the leader in Dallas home inspection and commercial real estate evaluation.
Conducting a Home Inspection in Dallas
Advanced Inspection Service (AIS) is a family owned and operated home inspection company in Dallas, TX. We specialize in single-family residential real estate, but also inspect condos, duplexes and commercial buildings. AIS was founded in 1983 by ASHI Certified Inspector Ed Martin. Since then we have conducted numerous Dallas home inspections, on properties ranging from 900 sq.ft. condos to 3000 sq.ft. duplexes to 8000 sq.ft. mansions.
AIS home inspectors are highly trained professionals, certified by the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC). We are active participants in the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors (TAREI), to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in building materials, construction practices, test equipment and procedures. Our Lead Inspector, Ed Martin, is one of the few Texas real estate inspectors to be named a Certified Home Inspector by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
There are several aspects of the North Texas climate, building codes and construction practices that affect Dallas home inspections. The weather varies from summer temperatures in excess of 100 degrees to winter temps below freezing. This can complicate home inspection for Dallas residents, because the structure and systems of their houses need to operate effectively in these extremes of weather.
Unlike Central Texas, the Dallas area gets plenty of rain; and the flat terrain is prone to flooding and drainage issues. Building codes and the quality of construction in the downtown area and newer suburbs are generally very good; but this was not always the case when some of the older dwellings were built in the outlying communities. AIS home inspections in Dallas pay special attention to roof gutters, grading and drainage — to ensure these are in good condition to handle heavy rains.
Home Inspection Services for Dallas and Nearby Communities
Standard Home Inspection (North Dallas, Plano, Frisco, Park Cities)
- Gutters and drainage evaluation and
- Inspection of foundation and crawl space (if accessible)
- Interior walls, doors, ceilings and floors
- Steps, stairs, balconies and railings
- Exterior walls and doors, windows and door glazing
- Fireplace and chimney (if present) including lintel, hearth and surrounding materials
- Roof, underlying roof structure and attic – including skylights, roof jacks, flashing and counter flashing
- Porches and decks: Footings, joists, deckings, railings and attachment points
- Dishwasher and food waste disposer
- Electric or gas range and oven, microwave oven
- Range exhaust vents
- Trash compactor (if present)
- Whole house vacuum system (if present)
- Water heaters
- Doorbell and chimes
- Attic power vents
- Garage door openers
- Heating ventilation and cooling (HVAC) systems
- Ducts vents and flues
- Plumbing systems
- Electrical service entrance and panels
- Branch circuit wiring, connected devices and fixtures
- Gas lines (if present)
- Garages, carports and outbuildings
- Outdoor cooking equipment
The above examinations are planned and conducted in accordance with the Standards of Practice, as defined by the Texas Administrative Code and Texas Real Estate Commission. In addition to the above evaluations — performed in every AIS home inspection — Dallas area inspectors can also provide the following special tests for a modest additional fee:
- Swimming Pool and Spa Inspection – pool surface, tiles, coping and decks; drains skimmers and valves. Also includes electrical examination and tests of pumps, motors, controls and sweeps
- Sprinkler Systems including manual operation of all zones, examination for water leaks and presence of anti-siphon valves
- Termite Inspection – examination of foundation, crawl space and framing for evidence of wood destroying insects (WDI)
- Pier and Beam Foundations – presence and proper load bearing of all piers and attachment points. Examination of beams for settling, insect damage, wood rot or water damage
A thorough inspection of your home is the most cost-effective purchase you can make to preserve the value of your real estate investment. A professional inspector can provide a buyer, seller or realtor with valuable information about the condition of a house – enabling you to properly assess the soundness and value of the property.
Call Advanced Inspection Services today to discus your home inspection in Dallas. (972) 342-9183 or (972) 730-6700